KAREN E. PURVES
Imagine a speaker who provides inspiring, interactive programs filled with research-based content and immediate takeaways. Visualize your audience engaged, energized and laughing. Award winning International Speaker Karen E. Purves, M.A. has built a solid client base providing these results for nearly 20 years. Karen blends relatable stories, leading edge research and proven solutions to impact your attendees so they can leave a program saying their time was truly well spent.
In the last decade, neuroscience has made incredible strides in understanding how the results of communication affect others’ thoughts, emotions and responses. As a communication expert specializing in Interpersonal Neurobiology principles and affective neuroscience findings, Karen shares immediately usable tips for communication via email, phone and in-person, both internally with staff or externally for customer service, sales or marketing.
In addition to being described as “one of the best” or “favorite” speakers of entire conferences dozens of times, other attendee comments include: “Refreshingly honest,” “contagiously enthusiastic,” “attention grabber and keeper,” “breath of fresh air” and giving “real answers to real life.”
Karen combines a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Master’s Degree in Public Policy and more than 25 years’ business experience along with extensive training at “The Second City” (think: “Whose Line is it Anyway?”) to offer interactive, customized programs using audience examples during each session — a winning combo of content and fun, for results-oriented programs that always leave audiences feeling energized, inspired and empowered. Karen also has the rare distinction of being a three-time game show winner! These accomplishments allow Karen to connect with audiences as few others can.
Throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia — from Fortune 100 companies to associations and government -— Karen guarantees that attendees will receive useful material, in an engaging way, and practical tools to implement right away!
- Outstanding public presence with the ability to interact with people at different levels, both internally and externally, as demonstrated by 98+% meeting planners saying Karen “met or exceeded expectations,” nearly 1,000 testimonials, 40 phone references and 54 letters of recommendation, as well as being an MPI Platinum Speaker and winning the Speaker of the Year Award in 2009-2010 for the VAMPI Chapter
- Proven track record leading programs and successfully driving projects to completion, including 39% request by clients to return to offer a future program
- Ability to analyze and interpret client survey data to remain up-to-date on client needs, as well as customizing programs to maximize effectiveness
- Consistently receive superlative ratings including specific results/impact of programs. For example, “What a terrific course last Monday… I implemented the email strategy to one of our clients who I had problems contacting in the past. Within one hour I had a response and closed a job for $3,000 to be done ASAP.”
Most requested and highest rated programs
- Communicate with Strength – Key Words That Undermine Your Effectiveness – Got the right words? Laugh and learn in this session filled with the latest solutions in effective communication, based on neuroscience principles. What are you saying that’s causing others to subtly feel uncooperative or defensive? Karen will tell you — and give you replacement words and phrases. Leave with an immediate, specific action plan. When this session has been offered to sales people, after participating in this program attendees, on average, said their ability to better communicate in the sales process improved 34%.
- This is How You Do It – Proven Secrets to Email Etiquette – Do you know the four-letter word that instantly increases the response rate to your emails? Find out the answer while participating in this cutting- edge, jam packed, interactive session filled with proven email tips. You’ll learn easy, time-saving solutions to help ensure others open, read and respond to your emails, as well as how Karen gets over a 90% response rate to her emails. After participating in this program attendees, on average, said their ability to write a more effective email improved 74%.
- Wag More, Bark Less – Reducing Negativity in the Workplace – Deal with difficult people? Spend too much of your day handling personality conflicts among staff? Explore 14 different ways people express negativity and learn a tip for dealing with each one. You’ll learn effective skills on handling a broad spectrum of negative personality styles — and see how you can adjust your own attitude to help stay positive and improve organizational excellence! Receive tips on exactly what to say to whom, so you can go back to work and do something different immediately. After participating in this program attendees, on average, said their ability to handle negative situations in the workplace improved 28%.
- Gender Matters – Effectively Influencing Men Differently than Women – Karen pairs her relatable, funny and energetic style with her original scientific research to offer attendees a unique, current, content-rich program on maximizing buy-in from men and women on procedures, products and services. This session offers the latest in cutting-edge brain science and answers your questions on the best way to influence men and women. Audience members will leave with 12 techniques to apply immediately.
Word of mouth
“Your enthusiasm and humor greatly improved the overall experience, and the interactivity of this program and participation among the audience retained their interest.” – Annette Barnitz, Motorola, Inc.
“The presentation was beneficial because the discussion revolved around realistic examples and challenges.” – Gina Locascio, Deloitte
“Thank you again for your helpful and down-to-earth approach to such a difficult subject.” – Larry Fagerhaug, Pfizer
“I found your presentations to be inspiring. Your energy was boundless, your enthusiasm and humor compelling.” – Kevin McGrath, Chief, Complaints Management Branch, Civil Rights Division, United States Department of Agriculture, Food Safety Inspection Service
Seeing is believing