Stephen Koch is a pioneering snowboard mountaineer, professional athlete and mountain guide. With over 50 first ascents and descents on the world’s highest and most challenging mountains, he made calculated decisions with a high level of uncertainty in the face of extreme danger.
As a thought leader and keynotes speaker, Kock analyzes the world of high-stakes decision making and failure, sharing the gold that has resulted from tragedy as he connects with audiences worldwide.
- Extreme Leadership and Decision-Making
- Stephen will lead audiences through lessons learned the hard way – in the teeth of an avalance, leading a team up Mount Everest, making decisions about turning back or heading onward that mean life or death. Audiences will learn how to make decisions when the pace is fast, the dangers extreme, and need to decide imminent.
- The Zen of Leadership
- Stephen will take audiences on a thrilling journey through the world of high-stakes decision making and failure, sharing the gold that has resulted from tragedy as he tells the stories about his life in the mountains and helps audiences apply his wisdom to their business dilemmas.
- How to Lead a Team Under Pressure
- Today’s business climate demands more from organizations, teams, and leaders than ever before. The pace is faster, the stakes higher, and the changes in the marketplace come more rapidly than ever. Leading a team means being willing to make decisions faster and make bigger bets than ever. Stephen will show audiences how to build an effective team, lead it when it counts, and get out of the way when that’s essential.
Why Stephen Koch?
- Stephen’s story is unique – he invented the category of mountain snowboarding.
- Stephen’s honest and authenticity will have audiences riveted with his tales of mis-adventure in the mountains.
- Stephen’s understanding of leadership is raw, hard-won, and real in a way that is unique in the world of public speaking.